[mythtv-users] 3. Re: Ceton infinitv 6 eth, anyone using it? (David Engel) & (Matt Mossholder)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 23:40:17 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 10:56 PM, Stephen Baker
<stephen at wildwood.baker.org> wrote:
> I like the device, but there are a couple pet peeves: The onboard clock
> starts at the epoch with every boot and there is no NTP setting. And the
> device will not syslog to a external device.  I assume that the underlying
> OS is some *nix derivative.

I presume you have an open RFE to Ceton to accept
log-servers and ntp-servers from your DHCP response?
Did they provide any estimate of when they might
actually implement it (or did they close it as invalid)?

> The hardest part of using this device is getting support from the cable
> provider (Charter).

Since the OP already has the pcie version, I presume they
know the drill for their MSO (every MSO is different in their
support for CableCARDs).