[mythtv-users] 3. Re: Ceton infinitv 6 eth, anyone using it? (David Engel) & (Matt Mossholder)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 22:29:25 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 9:47 PM, Douglas Sargent <dbsargent at gmail.com> wrote:

>      Question, I assume the box get it's IP by DHCP from my router.

Correct.  It is possible to set the IP address manually
(I think in the system tab, but I do not currently have
access to any Ceton tuners to check that).

Typically I would expect that you would want to use your
DHCP server to set a reservation (so you get a more or
less "static" IP address that way and that means you
do not have to run the magic network address reset scripts
in the case the device moves to a different environment).

Unfortunately, I do not recall the physical device having
the MAC address on the bottom/side, so you likely
have to obtain it separately (I could be wrong, and the
MAC address is on there, it was a long time ago I looked
at a Ceton device, and my eyes are not what they used
to be).

> When you add the tuners in Mythtv, what IP address:tuner are you using?

Typically I would expect it to be the IP address from the
reservation.

> Does it have a web page similar to the other Ceton products to monitor the ETH box?

Yes.

I believe (to first approximation) that Ceton uses
common firmware (and at startup the device specific
functionality is enabled), so every device has a similar
look and feel.  But only those with many different
tuners have probably compared and contrasted
carefully.