[mythtv-users] EDID and Sony TV

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Feb 22 18:30:57 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2016-02-21 at 22:22 +0100, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Thanks all for your replies,
>
> I try to get EDID file in HDMI1 and HDMI2 inputs and both are the same:
>
> # diff edid-hdmi1.bin edid-hdmi2.bin
> # diff edid-hdmi1.txt edid-hdmi2.txt
>
> ASCII: http://paste.debian.net/
>
> I try to add this xorg file and it happens the same:
> http://paste.debian.net/402409/
>
> I am new with modelines, I am doing something wrong?
>
> I really appreciate your help.
>
> Best regards.

An old driver readme so find one that more closely aligns with your
driver..
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/275.09.07/README/xconfigoptions.html

You haven't connected your monitor section (with modelines) to the
device in screen section.

Your original problem was just the vertical refresh limits in EDID
contradicted the EDID modeline for 24p..
You could just use a monitor section that sets hoz (KHz) & vert (Hz)
frequency limits & a modevalidation setting "NoVertRefreshCheck" to
ignore EDID vertical frequency.

That set of modelines is almost complete nonsense. One of them was
likely handcrafted to fix overscan on a VGA projector & the others are
bad. The fact they may work for some devices is testament to the
robustness of the concept & devices in the chain.

Recent nVidia X server should have built-in a complete set of modelines
& your Sony EDID modelines are probably fine.