[mythtv-users] SOLVED:imon lcd device

Marius Schrecker marius.schrecker at lyse.net
Mon Feb 22 07:30:43 UTC 2016

Well,

 I don't really know what I did differently this time as the config I ended up with is what I thought I had the first time.

 In the end I uninstalled (purged) lcdproc and started again, with the default config. The only thing I changed was to specify the imonlcd driver in LCDd.conf.

 This time it just worked, "out of the box".  MythTV finds it and displays the usual info. on the screen, so I'm happy. It seems to do all that without loading anything "Lirc" which also makes me happy as the event receiver for IR does all I want, very simply.

 I think I started medssing about with the config too quickly the first time. I was confused by the mention of "modules" in the cme interface - in the end the kernel module that is loaded is "imon", while the LCDproc driver "module is "imonlcd". I think that the kernel module that I used on my old system was lirc_imon. There are also results suggesting the the device identifiers for the VFD and LCD displays have changed and need to be specified in the modules.d/

 So, if there's a lesson to be learned, it is to keep it simple.

 Thanks to the list for all the help and interest!

Now, if only I could find a way to make the clock display in  24 hour format...

BR.

--Marius--