[mythtv-users] Building MythTv frontend for Raspberry Pi 2

Tim Stowell stowellt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 05:43:42 UTC 2016

I'm trying to cross compile MythTv Frontend on a Ubuntu host system by
following the instructions at
http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythtv_for_rpi.txt.

When I execute mythbuild.sh -2 -Q 5.4.0, I get the following errors:

W: Failed to fetch
http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/dists/wheezy/Release
Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-i386/Packages' in Release
file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

W: Failed to fetch
http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/dists/wheezy/Release  Unable to
find expected entry 'main/binary-i386/Packages' in Release file (Wrong
sources.list entry or malformed file)

I'm not sure why it's looking for i386 when I'm trying to build for a
armhf system. Thanks for any advice