[mythtv-users] OT: Aspect ratio broadcast rant

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sat Feb 20 22:04:47 UTC 2016

    > Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 16:08:32 -0500
    > From: Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com>

    > As the OP of this thread, just want to clarify this was never about content
    > shown on an SD TV.  This was about a local station taking retro network
    > subchannel content that is supposed to be 4:3 and broadcasting it at 16:9.

Yes, I hope that was clear to all.  I was replying to Eric Sharkey's
mention of anamorphic widescreen as a way broadcasters could perhaps
have done everything right to begin with, maybe.  (And to add my own
gripe about my own local broadcasters getting it wrong.)

    > Network operations has been in contact with the station. Funnily enough
    > they fixed the ratio on another sub at the same time they broke this one.

*sigh*  It's like pushing the wrinkle around in a rug.