[mythtv-users] TMDB grabber not working?

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Sat Feb 20 01:37:07 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 7:33 AM, Saul <jaglover at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 10:30:44 +0100
> Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hoi Saul,
>>
>> Friday, February 19, 2016, 3:35:31 AM, you wrote:
>>
>> > Anybody knows what's wrong? All attempts to fetch data end quickly
>> > with message 'Failed to retrieve ...'.
>>
>> Are you on the latest version? There was a bug last fall!
>
> No, I'm running the latest that works with liveTV, Gentoo
> 0.27_p20140321. When I upgrade liveTV stops working.

If you're having video capture issues I'd recommend reporting them
here.  Gentoo runs unmodified fixes/0.27 which should receive good
support from the developers here.

If you really need to backport a fix if you can identify the commit
that fixes your issue you should be able to place a patch in your
/etc/portage/patches/media-tv/mythtv/ directory and re-install mythtv.
The MythTV ebuild supports user patching.

Since the version you're running is on the same branch as 0.27.5 there
isn't any official fixes branch that would fix your issue that
wouldn't introduce all the other changes in 0.27.5.  MythTV only
tracks fixes branches at the 0.x level.

If you're feeling really daring you could also bisect mythtv and
attempt to identify the commit that introduces your problem.  That is
a bit more painful if it is on the backend side, unfortunately - it is
pretty easy to do on the client.  However, you might be able to get
away with just running the backend in the foreground in the console to
test things out.  I'd plan to backup your database and then restore it
when you're done - I can't vouch for how easily you can go back and
forth between 0.27.5 and 0.27 from two years ago.  Certainly you can
move forward at least.

--
Rich