[mythtv-users] imon lcd device

Juhani Rautiainen jrauti at iki.fi
Wed Feb 17 16:43:09 UTC 2016

Hi!

I have  SoundGraph Inc. iMON PAD Remote Controller with VFD display
with ID 15c2:ffdc and Mythbuntu 14.04. I still need that lirc in order
to get the LCDd running. I _really_ had to work hard to get that
display working. Details how I did it escape me now:(. What I'm sure
is that lirc_imon-module is needed because remote input and LCDd
drivers seem to be in the same device driver and I've got this warning
in dmesg:

[    8.296925] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 251
[    8.311857] lirc_imon: module is from the staging directory, the
quality is unknown, you have been warned.
[    8.312043] usbcore: registered new interface driver lirc_imon

These are imon sections from my LCDd.conf:

[imon]
# select the device to use
Device=/dev/lcd0
# display dimensions
Size=16x2

## Soundgraph iMON LCD ##s
[imonlcd]
# Specify which iMon protocol should be used [legal: 0=15c2:ffdc device,
# 1=15c2:0038 device; default: 0]
Protocol=0
# Set the exit behavior [legal: 0=leave shutdown message, 1=show the big clock,
# 2=blank device; default: 1]
OnExit=2
# Select the output device to use [default: /dev/lcd0]
Device=/dev/lcd0
# Select the displays contrast [default: 200; legal: 0-1000]
Contrast=200

I'm not sure if [imon] section is used but it seems to have been there
always and you don't have it so it might be worth a try.

This is my /etc/lirc/hardware.conf:
# /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
#
#Chosen Remote Control
REMOTE="Soundgraph iMON PAD IR/VFD"
REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_imon"
REMOTE_DRIVER="devinput"
#REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/input/by-id/usb-15c2_ffdc-event-if00"
REMOTE_SOCKET=""
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="imon/lircd.conf.imon-pad"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Chosen IR Transmitter
TRANSMITTER="None"
TRANSMITTER_MODULES=""
TRANSMITTER_DRIVER=""
TRANSMITTER_DEVICE=""
TRANSMITTER_SOCKET=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Enable lircd
START_LIRCD="true"

#Don't start lircmd even if there seems to be a good config file
#START_LIRCMD="false"

#Try to load appropriate kernel modules
LOAD_MODULES="true"

# Default configuration files for your hardware if any
LIRCMD_CONF=""

#Forcing noninteractive reconfiguration
#If lirc is to be reconfigured by an external application
#that doesn't have a debconf frontend available, the noninteractive
#frontend can be invoked and set to parse REMOTE and TRANSMITTER
#It will then populate all other variables without any user input
#If you would like to configure lirc via standard methods, be sure
#to leave this set to "false"
FORCE_NONINTERACTIVE_RECONFIGURATION="false"
START_LIRCMD=""

-Juhani
Juhani Rautiainen                                   jrauti at iki.fi