[mythtv-users] mythtv.cnf - logging every query

Mark perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:15:13 UTC 2016

MythTV 0.27/fixes on Centos 7

I've just realised that my mariadb log (Centos 7 uses mariadb not mysql) has
filled a 10G /var/log partition. On a quick glance it appears to be logging
every query. I am using the mythtv.cnf example from
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Tune_MySQL

Am I correct that the line:

general_log = 1

Is the reason that every query is getting logged? Or am I looking in the
wrong spot.

Fortunately /var/log is a dedicated partition for exactly this kind of
eventuality so does not appear to have done any damage to anything, in fact
it took me a little while to notice, but would obviously like to get it
fixed.