[mythtv-users] imon lcd device

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 00:38:46 UTC 2016

On 16 February 2016 at 18:40, Marius Schrecker
<marius.schrecker at lyse.net> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
>  Next problem is my Soundgraph imon LCD screen and IR receiver.
>
>  I really wanted to avoid lirc altogether this time as the scancodes now
> work perfectly through the event interface (before I even installed lirc.
> Surprisingly, the problem is with the LCD screen, which is refusing to work.

I'm using an imon LCD in my Silverstone case on an old Debian Wheezy
box. Everything worked out of the box once LCDd was configured.

I have a /dev/lcd1 device and the display is using the imon module. I
use LIRC separately for a serial IR receiver.

<snip>

>  I tried adding device type 2 to /etc/modprobe.d/lirc_imon.conf:
>
> cat /etc/modprobe.d/lirc_imon.conf
> options lirc_imon display_type=2

That parameter is only valid for the imon module. lirc_imon module
only has the single "debug" parameter.

See `modinfo imon` and `modinfo lirc_imon` for details.

Could you detail the problems you experienced using the non-LIRC imon
module? Do you have any /dev/lcd* device nodes? Is LCDd.conf using the
correct one?

If the imon module is not already loaded, perhaps you could modprobe
it and see what happens (dmesg, etc).

Cheers,
Nick