[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi frontend - Tarball by Lawrence Questions

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 16 20:33:22 UTC 2016

On 02/16/2016 01:04 PM, Curtis Gedak wrote:
> Thank you Peter for the prompt response.
>
> The only .tar.bz2 file I have under my rpi directory is
> mythpatches-0.24.tar.bz2.
>
> To cross compile I used the following commands:
>
> PATH="$PWD/tools/arm-bcm2708/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-raspbian/bin:$PATH"
> export RASPBIAN_FLAVOUR=jessie
> ./mythbuild.sh -2 -Q 5.4.0
>
> Perhaps I missed something in the build instructions?

The mythbuild.sh should also be creating a file with name like this
mythtv-v0.27.5-126-g2b7f6df-RPI2.tar.bz2
Perhaps your compile is failing somewhere. Does it return zero return
code (echo $?)
I had to make a change to mythbuild to disable two plugins that were
failing compile
Add the following line
        plugins="$plugins --disable-mythzoneminder --disable-mythgallery"
after similar lines around line 2969

Also at the end of the compile it outputs messages like this
To simplify setting up and running MythTV on Linux or Windows, try this
script:
wget http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythrun && chmod +x mythrun
Run mythfrontend: ./mythrun fe [args]
Run mythbackend: ./mythrun be [args]
Run mythtv-setup: ./mythrun su [args]

If you are not seeing this your compile may be failing.

Peter