[mythtv-users] Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 occasionally turns itself off, 6200ch always thinks it's on

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Feb 16 19:24:35 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 1:29 PM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 01:07:50 PM Eric Sharkey wrote:
>> > I had to turn on the STB
>> > three times just yesterday.  (And yes, I verified that the sleep
>> > timeout is still set to Never.)
>
> Mine almost never goes off.  There's a stand-by timer (or similar)
> setting.  Have you disabled it?

Yes.

The frequency with which it turns off appears to be random.  It can be
up for a few days, then turn itself off three times in one day.  The
failing wall wart suggested by Jerome seems more plausible.  I'm also
wondering if it might be overheating.  I'll see if I can try to
convince my kids that the ventilation grill on the top is not in fact
a place to stack DVD cases.

Eric