[mythtv-users] Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 occasionally turns itself off, 6200ch always thinks it's on

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Feb 16 18:07:50 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 7:35 PM, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1) Does anybody have an idea of what might cause the QIP7100 to
>> occasionally turn off?   Sleep mode is disabled in the STB settings.
>
> Rumor has been that if a firmware update happens (or is requested
> to happen, even if there is no new firmware to install), it can reboot
> to off mode.

Recently the frequency with this happens to me has increased a lot.
It used to be just a few times per year, but I had to turn on the STB
three times just yesterday.  (And yes, I verified that the sleep
timeout is still set to Never.)

I can't imagine Verizon pushing new firmware that frequently.

Eric