[mythtv-users] Upgrade from qt 5.4.2 to qt 5.5.1

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 16 14:29:19 UTC 2016

On 02/15/2016 10:09 PM, Mike Hodson wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 7:31 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22)
> <cats22 at comcast.net <mailto:cats22 at comcast.net>> wrote:
>
>     I am on wily and trying to test mythtv 0.28. It seems the below
>     error is caused by a qt 5.4.2 bug. I tried downloading the qt
>     5.5.1 binary installer from qt.io <http://qt.io>, but that
>     installs into /opt/Qt5.5.1. I pointed LD_LIBRARY_PATH at
>     /opt/Qt5.5.1/5.5/gcc_64/lib where the libraries are, and ran the
>     backend. The backend fails with "error while loading shared
>     libraries: libgstapp-0.10.so.0: cannot open".
>

> Having worked with a lot of stubborn package based distros before
> finding Gentoo, my usual MO would be :
>
> Download new gstreamer
> Totally replace gstreamer install with new gstreamer install
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr ; make ; make install
>
> As for why it doesnt just look at the '.so' and instead looks for the
> versioned .so, well, the reason the SO version changes is when the
> application's API changes backwards-incompatibly. It won't link and
> work the same, so if a program codes to a specific API version, then
> the library to use that API must also match.
>
> Your mileage may vary with regard to the ease of doing this; you may
> need numerous -dev header packages installed along with GCC etc.
>
> Mike

Thanks for the suggestion. I got the gstreamer 0.10 installed, then I
get a different error. First it said "QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL driver not
loaded". I added environment string "export
QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/Qt5.5.1/5.5/gcc_64/plugins". Now it gets "Unable to
create database object (DBManager0), the installed QT driver may be
invalid".

Peter