[mythtv-users] Frontend for Apple TV 4

Tom Harris thom.j.harris at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 01:12:10 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Bart Whiteley <bart.lists at whiteley.org>
wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Eric Pheatt <eric.pheatt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do you have any plans for the long click event from the listing? I can't
> let
> > my 4 year old use the siri remote for his shows since he has accidentally
> > deleted recordings with the normal click. He has not figured out the long
> > click yet though and it seems like a good way to bring up other recoding
> > specific actions like delete, re-record, etc..
> >

> There is a new update that has a configuration setting to disable the
> ability to delete.
> There is also a setting to configure the margin width for text and
> playback controls.

Hey Bart,  when playing H.264 content, does your app use the VLC libraries
used for MPEG-2 or does it use the apple (hardware accelerated) video
playback?

I’ve seen comments from European DVB users, so I assume H.264 playback
works.   So, I’m now just wondering if there may be benefits with H.264
content, like HW deinterlacing.