[mythtv-users] changed hostname - lost storage groups

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 22:08:00 UTC 2016

On 02/13/2016 03:19 PM, Marius Schrecker wrote:
> eb 13 22:10:50 MYTHBOX mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[5169]: W VideoScanner videoscan.cpp:288 (verifyFiles) SG(mythbox) not available. Not removing file :...

For MYTHBOX, what does the 'hostname' command return. For the SG(mythbox), it
appears that's looping through the metadata and pulling the hostname from it.

>   What's my best bet?

*Pastebin* a complete frontend and backend log
if the above didn't help.

> Where might the MYTHBOX hostname be stored?  I've corrected it in /etc/hostname and/etc/hosts as well as all the config.xml files I can find.

Did you reboot after restoring the hostname. In the last
set of posts, the hostname (as known to MythTV) was:
MYTHBOX_NEW

> Should I drop mythconverg and restore it again from the backup I made before taking down the old system?

I wouldn't.

A complete log lets those trying to answer see lines
that verify the version and see "Using configuration directory"
lined etc. I recall early log entries that warn of Storage Group
issues if present.

--
Bill