[mythtv-users] Audio delays on startup of Onkyo amplifier TX-NR646

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 20:10:11 UTC 2016

> I have had this problem in the past but resolved it by setting the
frontend to always upconvert stereo to 5.1 so the output from Mythtv never
changes format. The Onkyo receiver is set to CBL Direct mode ie do nothing.
The display on the receiver shows it is receiving MCH PCM 5.1.

Are we sure this is a MythTV problem? If I'm watching Netflix and press
pause, when I press play again the video starts straight away but there is
a delay before sound starts. So it's not just MythTV that the problem
occurs with.