[mythtv-users] Different mythfilldatabase commands for different sources

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 22:50:29 UTC 2016

Hoi Ian,

> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 5:15 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 02/10/2016 04:05 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
>>

>>> The source for OTA has:
>>>
>>> <Grabber>schedulesdirect1</Grabber>
>>>
>>> The source for the HLS channel has:
>>>
>>> <Grabber>/bin/true</Grabber>
>>>

>> That's good. Now, in the log for the HLS mythfilldatabase run file,
>> I'd expect that the following *wouldn't* appear:
>>
>> CoreContext datadirect.cpp:1070 (GrabNextSuggestedTime) - DataDirect:
>> Grabbing next suggested grabbing time
>> CoreContext datadirect.cpp:1112 (GrabNextSuggestedTime) - Suggested Time
>> data: 613 bytes
>> CoreContext datadirect.cpp:1141 (GrabNextSuggestedTime) - DataDirect:
>> nextSuggestedTime is: 2016-02-11T23:51:24Z
>>
>> and, if they don't, then is the HLS grabber modifying the setting
>> MythFillSuggestedRunTime directly, and is there an option to
>> prevent it?
>>

> The "next suggested grabbing time" is not appearing in the log.

> The HLS grabber is simply the tv_grab_uk_atlas grabber. I looked at the
> source and can't see anything about MythFillSuggestedRunTim.

> It's being run from a file like this as the mythtv user:

> tv_grab_uk_atlas  --config-file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/HLS.xmltv --output
> /tmp/ukxmltv
> mythfilldatabase --refresh 0-99 --file --xmlfile /tmp/ukxmltv --sourceid 4
> --syslog local7
> rm /tmp/ukxmltv

So if I understand right:
- According to the log the cron job does not update the automatic
  scheduling. But as you said:
>  One quick note...the UK xml grabbing run for the HLS channel ran at
>  midnight as per my cron job. The information screen said that the next
>  suggested run time will be at midnight...there was no automatic run of the
>  Schedules Direct mythfilldatabase so that listings info was not updated.
- Have you since ran SD manually. What then does the log say? Also,
  what information screen do you mean? And where does that screen gets
  its info from? Bill, is there also an api call to query the db value
  containing the next run? If so query it before and after every run.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop