[mythtv-users] Upgrading older mythbuntu

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Tue Feb 9 11:09:36 UTC 2016

On 08/02/16 20:33, Thomas Mashos wrote:

> I remember the post and I'd like to point out a few things.
>
> 1) We NEVER said we were going to stop, we said we were thinking about
> it. You drew a conclusion from that which you probably shouldn't have.
>
> 2) You didn't read the full thread. Had you read the full thread, you
> would have seen other people step up and offer their assistance in
> testing the ISOs. So you drew your conclusion from incomplete information.

I'm not the OP and *I* didn't come to any conclusion. I just pointed out
that there was a thread about it in the past and that I can understand
that someone might have come to some conclusion from that. Your first
response sounded like there was never a discussion about it.

> As for the brevity of my post, I'm unsure why I need to write a
> dissertation on a statement that can be completely refuted by a single
> sentence. Ironically, it's this sort of response that takes time away
> from doing actual work.

I didn't criticize the brevity of your post. On the contrary I was
criticizing the full quote without any trimming which I find as bad as
top posting.