[mythtv-users] ProcessPAT: Program not found in PAT. Desired program # not found in PAT

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Feb 7 10:41:49 UTC 2016

On 07/02/16 06:20, Jason Zarin wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 6:16 PM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> When you deleted capture cards / transports / etc did you select the "on
>> all hosts" option not just the "on this host" option?
>

> Originally did just on this host, but then did a "on all hosts" per your
> suggestion. I only have 1 backend, so not entirely sure what the difference
> would be. Also deleted video sources as well. No difference -- still
> exhibiting same recording issues.

To clarify, selecting the "all hosts" option actually clears out the whole tuner table which means
that nothing at all is retained. This means that tuner numbers start again at 1.

If you do not select "all hosts", the system must assume the table can contain data for tuners on
other hosts which has to be retained. Therefore, tuner identifiers are not reset and continue to
climb as you rescan, making debugging more interesting.

"All hosts" is the standard way of ensuring that you start out with a clean sheet to resolve
problems. The same principle operates for the "sources" table.

--

Mike Perkins