[mythtv-users] rescanning HLS channels

Vincent McIntyre vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 23:24:34 UTC 2016

On Sat, Feb 06, 2016 at 11:05:18AM +0000, Mike Perkins wrote:
> It looks like the scan channels feature just adds channels to the
> existing source - which is what you might expect.
>
> If you want a clean listing with only the channels in your new .m3u
> file, you would have to delete that source and create it anew.
> That's what you are supposed to do when you scan a traditional
> source. You did do that, didn't you?

Actually I don't think I did - my notes don't say. I think I just
redid the association between 'card' and 'guide' in 'input connections'
Thanks for explaining. I'll try doing it the right way and report back.

> You can delete unwanted channels with mythweb or by using the channel
> editor. Highlight the unwanted channel and press 'D'.

Ok so either will work, that's good to know. I have some availability
requirements that mean I can't just run mythtv-setup whenever I like...

Thanks
Vince