[mythtv-users] Downgrading from 0.28 to 0.27.

Ian Barton lists at wilkesley.net
Fri Feb 5 11:30:13 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 05:50:53PM +0000, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 03/02/16 11:22, Ian Barton wrote:
> > I am currently running my backend on ArchLinux and its 0.27. Arch
> > recently upgraded to PHP7, which has completley broken MythWeb. I have
> > tried reverting back to PHP 5.x, but am having multiple
> > problems. MythWeb is the main way I  schedule and view upcoming
> > programs.
> >

> Mythweb has been upgraded to support php7.
> Both in master (0.28) and for 0.27.
>
> So just upgrade to 0.27.6 or fixes/0.27
>
 > > I understand that 0.28 has a built in web server. Arch has a git
> > package of 0.28. Initially, I am planning installing this on a test
> > server to see how it goes.

Thanks, Ill see if those have landed in Arch yet.

To answer the pther suggestions:

Arch keeps backups of old packages unless you specifically delete
them. My configuration files are all kept in a git repo. I also have a
VM with a basic Arch install on it, which I can clone and restore to a
different computer. Database is also backe up daily.

Upgrading to php7 altered a lot of packages, so downgrading isn't
trivial, although it's possible. Likewise building a new install from
the clone and testing it would take a few hours. Upgrading to 0.28
from AUR would take only a few minutes. However, as it's not yet the
release version, I would prefer to stick with 0.27. Hopefully, just
upgrading to the latest 0.27 shoud fix my problem.

--
Best wishes,

Ian.