[mythtv-users] Downgrading from 0.28 to 0.27.

Ian Barton lists at wilkesley.net
Wed Feb 3 11:22:48 UTC 2016

I am currently running my backend on ArchLinux and its 0.27. Arch
recently upgraded to PHP7, which has completley broken MythWeb. I have
tried reverting back to PHP 5.x, but am having multiple
problems. MythWeb is the main way I  schedule and view upcoming
programs.

I understand that 0.28 has a built in web server. Arch has a git
package of 0.28. Initially, I am planning installing this on a test
server to see how it goes.

If I upgrade my main server is it possible to uninstall 0.28 and re-install 0.27 if it
doesn't work out? I know I could get a snapshot of the database before
upgrading and just downgrade to 0.27. However, I would lose anything
recorded since the upgrade.

I know it's still in Beta, but what are people's general impressions
of the current git version? I have a couple of PCI DVB Tuners and
another couple of usb ones.

--
Best wishes,

Ian.