[mythtv-users] Chromecast

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 21:22:00 UTC 2016

Yes, transcode to mp4 or HLS is required.  The app will already all you to
request the HLS transcode. Would be nice if this could be automatic,
somehow in the backend.  Would streamline things quite a bit.
Unfortunately, MPEG2 is not a supported format on Android or in Chrome, so
leaving recordings as-is is not an option.