[mythtv-users] Different mythfilldatabase commands for different sources

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:02:29 UTC 2016

Hoi Ian,

> On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 6:30 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> [snip]
>>
>> > There won't be any duplicates. As stated SD is for my North American
>> > channels and I just want listings for one lone channel from Britain via
>> > HLS. It should be an interesting exercise. I wonder if I have to adjust
>> the
>> > time zone for the UK listing or it might be in UTC.
>>
>> That means it is on a separate source. You can set-up the grabber
>> through the source and let it run automatically.
>>

> Might be one of those "don't configure after a sleepless night" issues but
> a few questions:

> 1) after using mythtv-setup to configure the atlas grabber, it it exits
> with a status 0 after selecting the channels in the feed. What is status 0?

> 2) mythtv-setup creates the .xmltv directory under /home/ian shouldn't it
> be under /home/mythtv?

> 3) if it should be my /home/ian directory, should I be changing permissions?

> Thanks.

1 Exitstatus by default means OK

2 It creates the .xmltv directory in the current home directory, so
you should run it as user mythtv. Very probable you could copy over
the directory and content to the mythtv home directory
(/home/mythtv/.xmltv or /var/lib/mythtv/.xmltv under mythbuntu) and
change ownership (chown -R mythtv.mythtv /home/mythtv/.xmltv)

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop