[mythtv-users] What to do about "mythbackend crash corrupted double-linked list"

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 21:28:18 UTC 2016

When I dug into the source of Ubuntu crash messages, I found these lines in
/var/log/upstart/mythtv-backend.log.*:
        QMYSQLResult::cleanup: unable to free statement handle
        *** Error in `/usr/bin/mythbackend': corrupted double-linked list:
0x00007f064c07d800 ***
        QSqlDatabasePrivate::addDatabase: duplicate connection name
'DataDirectCon', old connection removed.

Different instances of the log file have different mixes of these three
lines, but almost all of them report the duplicate connection name and many
report about the double-linked list corruption.

Unfortunately, I don't know what to do with this information. Running
"optimize_mythdb" doesn't cure the problem and doesn't report anything
amiss.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

--
Craig.