[mythtv-users] DBbackups

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Mon Dec 26 01:50:52 UTC 2016

> On 24 Dec 2016, at 8:00 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
> Greetings Mythizens, I'm looking for an elegant way to backup my database
> not only to the standard location /mythtv/DBbackups but also to a separate
> always on PC. Right now i can access it through the "connect to server"
> option in Ubuntu "files".
> Myth runs on one Ubuntu machine FE/BE and wakes up for recordings, I have a
> gigabit LAN (cat5 between the two boxes) with the primary Ubuntu/ZoneMinder
> box running 24/7. What are my options?

Iy you allow mythconverg access to your network, or allow it to your always-on PC at the level of security that makes sense for you then why not (it works well, can be done by a cron task) and is easy

mysqldump -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg > `date`.sql

RM (politically correct form of RFM)  to format to your hearts content

James