[mythtv-users] DBbackups

stinga stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com
Fri Dec 23 21:44:53 UTC 2016

On 23/12/16 16:38, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> I'm looking for an elegant way to backup my database not only to the
> standard location /mythtv/DBbackups but also to a separate always on
> PC. Right now i can access it through the "connect to server" option
> in Ubuntu "files".
> Myth runs on one Ubuntu machine FE/BE and wakes up for recordings, I
> have a gigabit LAN (cat5 between the two boxes) with the primary
> Ubuntu/ZoneMinder box running 24/7. What are my options?
 From root:cron

15 02 * * * /backup/backup.sh

[root at mythtv ~]# cat /backup/backup.sh
#!/bin/bash

/bin/tpush /backup/crontab
crontab -l > /backup/crontab

/bin/tpush /backup/mythconverg.sql
mysqldump mythconverg > /backup/mythconverg.sql

/bin/tpush /backup/fstab
cp /etc/fstab /backup/fstab

/bin/tpush /backup/blkid.lst
blkid -o list > /backup/blkid.lst

in /etc/fstab

pxeboot:/backup/mythtv /backup nfs soft,defaults 0 0

and tpush just renames files and keeps copies, I can give you that as
well. I keep 10 copies.

I backup my:
- crontab
- blkid
- database
- fstab

These are the things I found I have needed when disaster strikes.

And I have a recording that starts at 2:10 every day for about 10
minutes to make sure the BE is up.

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com  o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\