[mythtv-users] Connecting to Bluetooth Headphones half-done and stuck

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Dec 22 10:39:37 UTC 2016

> I wanted to be able to listen to recordings without using speakers when
> I'm
> up late so I don't disturb the rest of the house, so I started to work on
> getting Bluetooth working.
>
> I plugged in an ASUS USB Bluetooth adapter, installed the blueman package,
> and successfully (at least it looks to be the case) paired my Motorola
> bluetooth headphones, but... no sound.
>
> I've tried playing with all the MythTV audio output selections, but none
> of
> them seem to connect to the headphones.  The speaker outputs still work
> just fine (as long as they're powered up).
>
> What did I miss or do I need to install yet more software packages?

Add a "Me too" for this one!!

I'd like to be able to send audio to both the Bluetooth and HDMI at the
same time so I don't have to delve into the MythTV setup everytime I want
to do some late night watching, I can just turn on the headset and turn
off the theatre amp.

I'm using a generic CSR8510 dongle, Logictech H800 headset (can do
Bluetooth and proprietary dongle) and a 16.04 Mythbuntu frontend.

--
Robin Gilks