[mythtv-users] Master/slave backends - swapping roles

Johan Van der Kolk johan.vanderkolk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 18:26:05 UTC 2016

Dear all,

	the subject might be a bit misleading as I am not after a role swap feature.
What I want to do is making my current slave backend the new master, and then decommission the old master.

That would obviously mean installing myth web on the slave, etc. Moving and altering the database..

The master has no tuners anymore, except an unused network recorder.
Did anyone ever do that before and documented it? A search through the mailing list and an internet google did not get me anywhere yet.

Or is it as simple as removing the pointer to the master in the slave configuration and adding mythweb?

Thanks for hints/tips or references if this has previously been discussed.

Johan