[mythtv-users] Potential issues with Qt 5.7.1?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 13:29:58 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 5:33 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie
<stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
> On 16/12/16 21:36, Tom Dexter wrote:
>>>  why would there be issues?
>>>
>>> using with 5.7 on mac just fine...
>>
>> Thanks! Good to know.
>>
>> I wasn't too happy when I noticed that Qt 5.7.1 was trying to pull in
>> gtk3 which in turn pulls in dbus (which I do NOT use and want no part
>> of). However I discovered that removing the gtk USE flag from
>> dev-qt/qtgui prevents this...wheew.
>>

> Works just fine on Fedora 25.
>
> It's a shame you don't want DBus, that's how we now control the
> screensaver, and it works nicely.
>

> Regards
> Stuart

I upgraded yesterday and everything seems to be working great. I'm a
little confused regarding screensaver. I'm using xscreensaver within
fluxbox and that always seems to work fine. Is that using alternate
methods when dbus isn't in use? I have almost as little desire to use
dbus as I do for systemd frankly.

Tom