[mythtv-users] Setup without/without multirec and capturecard ids?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 18:59:15 UTC 2016

On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:

> Multirec comes in handy when you record back to back programs with preroll
> and postroll of x min, one card does the job of two. Also OTA recording
> where several programs are in one mux.

I'm currently not using that, but that's very interesting. So for
example, when there are two back to back recordings on the same
channel and either pre-roll or overrecord are in use, the second show
will use the other virtual tuner on that same card to handle the
overlap, in the same way it would use it for another channel on the
same mux? I wasn't aware of that.

Thanks!
Tom