[mythtv-users] Setup without/without multirec and capturecard ids?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 17:00:35 UTC 2016

On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 11:40 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi Tom,
>
> Sunday, December 18, 2016, 5:17:12 PM, you wrote:
>
>> I used to have three HD-5500 cards in my backend machine. One of those
>> died and I just added an HDHomeRun (really great BTW).
>
>> My original setup pre-dated multirec, which I don't really have any
>> use for. I decided to re-enter all my capture cards with the HDHR
>> tuners first. The fact that it created two entries for each card threw
>> me at first, because again, my original setup pre-dated that so I
>> never had more than one entry per card. I decided to delete all the
>> capture cards again, and re-enter them with the max recordings set to
>> 1.
>
>> While that did in fact give me just one entry per physical tuner, it
>> still numbered the ids as 1, 3, 5, and 7, and they showed up as such
>> in many places in the UI. Is this expected behaviour? Is it somehow
>> creating 1 and 2 behind the scenes and then deleting 2? I did all this
>> in one session by the way...that is I didn't go in and change the max
>> from 2 to 1.
>
>> Ultimately I decided to enter them all with a max of 2, though I may
>> never use it. Again, with the max recordings set to 1 during the
>> initial entry of all cards, is there some reason it doesn't id them as
>> 1, 2, 3, 4?
>
>> Thanks!
>> Tom
>
> It is normal as on creation the second virtual tuner is created, which
> when you set it to 1 is next deleted. As this is an auto-increment a
> once used id is never reused until you clear all tuners.
>

> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

I see. I would have thought that while creating a new card and
expressly going into the recording options and setting the max to 1 it
wouldn't be creating anything at all until I set that. So it's
creating two records before I even go into the recording options, then
deleting one? That's a little unfortunate. It wouldn't be so bad if so
much in the UI didn't show those as encoder 1, encoder 3 etc.

Thanks for the reply.
Tom