[mythtv-users] Setup without/without multirec and capturecard ids?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 16:17:12 UTC 2016

I used to have three HD-5500 cards in my backend machine. One of those
died and I just added an HDHomeRun (really great BTW).

My original setup pre-dated multirec, which I don't really have any
use for. I decided to re-enter all my capture cards with the HDHR
tuners first. The fact that it created two entries for each card threw
me at first, because again, my original setup pre-dated that so I
never had more than one entry per card. I decided to delete all the
capture cards again, and re-enter them with the max recordings set to
1.

While that did in fact give me just one entry per physical tuner, it
still numbered the ids as 1, 3, 5, and 7, and they showed up as such
in many places in the UI. Is this expected behaviour? Is it somehow
creating 1 and 2 behind the scenes and then deleting 2? I did all this
in one session by the way...that is I didn't go in and change the max
from 2 to 1.

Ultimately I decided to enter them all with a max of 2, though I may
never use it. Again, with the max recordings set to 1 during the
initial entry of all cards, is there some reason it doesn't id them as
1, 2, 3, 4?

Thanks!
Tom