[mythtv-users] Installation instructions for mythbuntu 16.04.1

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Fri Dec 16 16:49:07 UTC 2016

A few comments, this isn't my guide so I didn't want to make any changes
myself.

#9 I believe this should be mythbuntu-control-centre not
mythtv-control-center, unless someone has taken over, renamed this project,
and gotten it SRU'd into 16.04.

#11 I'm not sure of the need to recreate the partitions if the UID changed.
This would also be a destructive process to the data on the drives.

#19 While this probably works, I feel like the correct way to do this would
be to use network manager either via the GUI or command line.

#20 I'd say upstart rather than init since this is a ubuntu guide and
upstart was used for 10 years.

#21 Please use "needs tweaked for my configuration" rather than "is broken,
and needs to be fixed"

#29 There isn't a need to run locate prior to running the optimize. You
know where this is already.

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 8:20 AM Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Good job! Jim and Philip! :-)