[mythtv-users] HD-5500 and HDHomeRun on same source (U.S. OTA ATSC)

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 15:19:41 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> I record U.S, OTA ATSC channels only. My current backend is using
> three pcHDTV HD-5500 cards. One of them just died. I'm waiting for an
> email reply from the folks at pchdtv.com, but I'm not sure if they
> even sell those any more. Currently their shopping cart is down.
>
> I might end up going with an HDHomeRun Connect rather than trying to
> replace that third HD-5500.

One other question on this, that someone might be able to clear up:

Currently in my database I have three entries for the HD-5500 capture
cards, each with an input connection, and obviously only the remaining
two are being used. Unless I'm missing something, I don't think
there's any means of deleting a single capture card. Correct me if
that's wrong.

Should I just be able to change the card type and other information on
that existing third card to the HDHomerun type for the HDHR tuner 0
and then add a forth card for it's tuner 1?

Thanks in advance.
Tom