[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase: Ignoring unknown timestamp format: 20161231235960

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Dec 16 12:02:21 UTC 2016

On 12/16/2016 02:38 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> Just a heads up since I'm getting a bunch of these from my daily
> mythfilldatabase runs, looks like it is unhappy with the upcoming leap
> second. Seems like it might also prevent it from inserting all the
> other data too and not just the one bad program.
>
> The message appears to come from
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/programs/mythfilldatabase/xmltvparser.cpp#L170
> so it seems to be a QDateTime issue.
>
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qdatetime.html says:
>
>      Note: QDateTime does not account for leap seconds.
>
> I worked around it by inserting
>      | sed -e 's,"20161231235960 +0000","20161231235959 +0000",g'"
> into my tv_grab wrapper script.

Um, you do realize that there's no leap second, right?  Google says so.

https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2016/11/making-every-leap-second-count-with-our-new-public-NTP-servers.html

Time just flows 0.0014% slower in the period from 2pm on Dec 31 through
10am on Jan 1.  I suppose this means that we'll all get to celebrate the
new years a little longer--though slower.  Oh, and make sure you
compensate for this during the countdown to the ball drop or you'll be
embarrassed when you get to 0 before everyone else!  Talk about an
awkward 0.00014-second pause...

Next thing you know someone is going to post something about some spoon,
as if that existed, too...

Mike