[mythtv-users] !!NoTrans: SQL Error: Table

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Tue Dec 13 00:00:06 UTC 2016

On 12/12/2016 03:48 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:

>> Try running it from the home directory and just to make sure create
>> that mythconverg directory there before you run it. Also check what
>> temp directory is set in my.conf. It should be set to /tmp or
>> /var/tmp. The variable is tmpdir so:
>> tmpdir = /tmp/

I find /etc/mysql/my.cnf, and it has

tmpdir          = /tmp

>> Oh and if you create that mythconverg directory create rw rights to
>> the world in there.

drwxrwxrwx  2 rsteff rsteff     4096 Dec 12 15:43 mythconverg

mysql> repair table program;
+---------------------+--------+----------+--------------------------------------------------------+
| Table               | Op     | Msg_type |
Msg_text                                               |
| mythconverg.program | repair | error    | Can't create new tempfile:
'./mythconverg/program.TMD' |
| mythconverg.program | repair | status   | Operation
failed                                       |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens