[mythtv-users] Master Backend IP scrambled up

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 23:19:25 UTC 2016

I'm migrating to a new router and wanted to go to a standard IP address
range in the process.

Somehow, even though the ip address for the server changed (to the wrong
value despite assigning a static lease to it in the new router), I was able
to access the backend setup.  I changed the first IP assignment field to
the then current IP address.  I have forced the router to give it the
address I want it to have permanently, but now I can't get back into the
backend setup.

I think I goofed when I made the change because it probably used to be the
local loopback address (127.0.1.1, maybe?) and I set it to 192.168.1.166.
The IP address for the BE is now 192.168.1.149 and that's where I want it
to stay.

How do I get the IP address in the setup fixed and what should it be set
to?  Can I get it fixed by logging into mysql from an xterm on the BE?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Craig.