[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 16.04 and nvidia drivers

Marius Schrecker marius.schrecker at lyse.net
Fri Dec 9 13:35:35 UTC 2016

On Friday, December 9, 2016 14:23 CET, David Hampton <mythtv at dhampton.net> wrote:
 On Fri, 2016-12-09 at 09:17 +0100, Marius Schrecker wrote:
>   I loose the TV (HDMI connection) whenever I turn it off, then back
> on again, while leaving the Mythbox running. In later drivers I can
> make it work by referencing a local Edid file from xorg.conf. In 340
> it doesn't seem to work and I have to do a xrandr --auto to kick it
> back to life. Maybe someone knows how to fix that too??

I had that same problem a couple of years ago. IIRC, when you turn off
the TV, X decides to switch to another video port and turning on the TV
doesn't switch back to the HDMI port. I'm pretty sure that adding the
ConnectedMonitor and UseDisplayDevice options to the Device section of
your xorg.conf file will fix this. I've attached my working xorg.conf
file as a reference.

David

=== /etc/X11/xorg.conf ===
Section "Device"
Identifier "Default Device"
Driver "nvidia"
Option "DPI" "100x100"
Option "NoLogo" "1"
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-1"
Option "UseDisplayDevice" "DFP-1
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
DefaultDepth 24

        Option "metamodes" "DFP-1: 1920x1080 { ViewPortIn=1920x1080,
ViewPortOut=1860x1060+30+10 }"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier "Monitor0"