[mythtv-users] Windows Mythfrontend binary

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 5 20:31:59 UTC 2016

On 5 December 2016 3:58:51 PM Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

> On 5 December 2016 at 14:24, Peter Bennett <cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> On 12/04/2016 06:07 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>>
>> I haven't had much luck importing mythtv code into Visual Studio 2015
>> Community Edition, I think it may be a Visual Studio 2010 project? which
>> 2015 should be able to import and upgrade but I haven't had any luck,
>> (although I'm not a programmer) I've reverted to attempting to cross
>> compile on Linux for windows but Haven't had a chance to build since
>> downloading the pre-requisites.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Anthony
>>
>> There is some info here. I think it may be up to date:
>>
>> http://softsystem.co.uk/mythtv/index.htm
>>

>> Appears not, from http://softsystem.co.uk/mythtv/build-linux.htm
>
> NB the script and patches were designed to build MythTV 0.24, released on
> 11 Nov 2010, but will also build MythTV 0.23.1 and the current git master
> (v0.25pre-1070-g9590973).
>
> It very much looks like the build script thats in git
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/tree/master/Win32
>
> I've tried this but it does not compile successfully, I'm still looking to
> see if a can get this compiled using a similar method but haven't had much
> time to sink into this recently.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony

I'm not really sure but even though some of the parts and references are out of date by some 6 or so years, some of it has been updated somewhat recently -  the rPi stuff is modern.  And when I download it populates a directory full of 0.28 patches. What that means for a windows build I don't know but am having a try.

Anthony what's your approach to this going to be (in the interests of minimising duplicated effort)? At the moment I am updating the download links and versions in the build script,  running it then trying to fix the errors one at a time.  I get the feeling it could be a slow process.