[mythtv-users] upgrading from mythbuntu 14.04/0.27 to 0.28 vs. mythbuntu 16.04 install

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Dec 5 15:05:24 UTC 2016

On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 22:44:16 +1100, you wrote:

>None. The files should be in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and should be fairly
>obvious (They should have both "mythbuntu"  and "0.28" in the name)
>

>Yes they SHOULD be there, but on my machine they're not :( So I'm trying to
>get hold of what the files are called and what the contents are.

For 16.04 and 0.28, you should have this file for the mythbuntu
repository:

root at mypvr:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# cat mythbuntu-0_28-xenial.list
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.28/ubuntu xenial main
# deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.28/ubuntu xenial main

And if you want the updated XMLTV packages, this file for the XMLTV
repository:

root at mypvr:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# cat mythbuntu-xmltv-xenial.list
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/xmltv/ubuntu xenial main
# deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/xmltv/ubuntu xenial main

However, you also need the keys for accessing repositories, so if you
just add those files manually, you may well get errors saying you do
not have the keys needed to check the downloads.  The
apt-add-repository command also handles installing the keys.