[mythtv-users] Windows Mythfrontend binary

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Sun Dec 4 23:07:34 UTC 2016

On 4 December 2016 at 05:46, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 7:13 PM, Kane Tse <kane.tse at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone know if the people who built the previous binaries did it
> under
> > Linux or Windows?
>
> Well, the provider of those binaries has said:
>
>     "These MythTV builds are cross compiled for Windows from my Linux
> server."
>
> I also believe there are (now obsolete?) instructions
> on the wiki to compile on Windows itself using mingw.
>
> And there is some support in the code for compiling
> on native Windows with Visual C++ (you can see
> the results from the buildbot logs).
>
> So, you apparently have some options.

I haven't had much luck importing mythtv code into Visual Studio 2015
Community Edition, I think it may be a Visual Studio 2010 project? which
2015 should be able to import and upgrade but I haven't had any luck,
(although I'm not a programmer) I've reverted to attempting to cross
compile on Linux for windows but Haven't had a chance to build since
downloading the pre-requisites.

Cheers,

Anthony