[mythtv-users] Warning: Do not install nvidia-304.132 package

F.B. Parker fbp.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 16:29:49 UTC 2016

To find what package is available use
> apt-cache search nvidia
> To see what versions of a package are available use
> apt-cache showpkg nvidia-304
> When I run this on ubuntu 16.10 I only see one version listed:
> 304.132-0ubuntu0.16.04.2
> Ubuntu have removed all other versions from the repo.

Thank you for your reply.

I get this:

$ apt-cache showpkg nvidia-304
Package: nvidia-304
Versions:
304.132-0ubuntu0.12.04.1
(/var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_precise-updates_restricted_binary-amd64_Packages)
(/var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_precise-security_restricted_binary-amd64_Packages)
(/var/lib/dpkg/status)

Is there a way to go back to an earlier version that works?