[mythtv-users] Retina Mac frontend playing in 1/4 of the screen?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Dec 3 14:28:15 UTC 2016

On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 09:18:00 -0500, you wrote:

>> On Dec 2, 2016, at 11:20 AM, Jon Raiford <Raiford at labware.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have one of the new MacBook Pro's (15" retina) running macOS
>> Sierra.  When I play a recorded show, the video plays in the bottom-
>> left corner of the display.  Is there an option somewhere to fix this?
>>
>> I'm running from a macports install.
>>
>> OK, just sthip that machine to me and I’ll test it out for you.
>> Shouldn’t take more than, oh, 4 or 5 years!  ;)
>>
>> Or go into Settings > Video > Playback and check:
>>
>> 9/10 - change the ‘Scale video as necessary’ toggle to on and/or off.
>> 2/10 - perhaps play with the Vertical / Horizontal scaling factors.
>
>Thanks for the kind offer, but I'm going to see if I can figure this out
>on my own first :p
>
>I tried turning off the "Scale video as necessary", but the video just
>looked different down in the bottom left corner of the screen (it no
>longer "fit").
>
>It seems I can get it to temporarily work by playing with the options for
>setting different resolutions for the GUI and the video playback, however
>the interface goes crazy and never seems to settle down.  When I unselect
>the option it all seems to work until I exit and relaunch the frontend.
>Then the original problem returns.
>
>Jon

I have a similar problem with Mythbuntu on my GT70 laptop with the
Nvidia drivers on the Nvidia GPU.  So far the only fix I have found is
to swap to a command prompt running from the current display and run
the command "xrandr --auto".  I do not have the problem when I am
using the Intel GPU (but then I do not get full deinterlacing).