[mythtv-users] Metadata not downloading - module MythTV.ttvdb.tvdb_ui is missing

Mark E. Adams mark9117 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 3 09:54:14 UTC 2016

There's some extraneous information here, but I wanted to document the
troubleshooting I've done on the issue.

I'm getting errors indicating that metadata isn't being downloaded
successfully:

mythmetadatalookup.20161203030025.22984.log:2016-12-02 20:00:25.759140 I
[22984/22984] CoreContext metadatadownload.cpp:330 (MovieGrabberWorks) -
Movie grabber not functional.  Aborting this run.

Research on the Intertubes leads me to tmdb3.py. I tried running that by
itself and go this:

As root:

# /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py  -l en -a US -M "The Big
Bang Theory"
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py", line 300, in <module>
     main()
   File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py", line 262, in main
     from MythTV.tmdb3 import set_key, set_cache, set_locale
ImportError: No module named MythTV.tmdb3

Looking for MythTV.tmbdb3. Finding nothing.

Found bug #982511 in mythbuntu's launchpad
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/982511)

Tried Setup > Artwork and Data Sources.

Did not resolve

Running "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py --version" gets
me this:

The modules tvdb_api.py (v1.0.0 or greater), tvdb_ui.py,
tvdb_exceptions.py and cache.py.
They should have been installed along with the MythTV python bindings.
Error:(No module named MythTV.ttvdb.tvdb_ui)

How can I install that module?

Thanks.

--
Mark Adams

"READ CAREFULLY, by reading this email, you agree, on behalf of your employer,
to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all
NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licences, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap,
browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered into with your employer, its
partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my
ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you have the authority
to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer."