[mythtv-users] Installation instructions for mythbuntu 16.04.1

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Fri Dec 2 22:15:03 UTC 2016

A number of you have been very kind is answering installation, database backup, and support questions.  Because of this I have been successful in doing a fresh install of Mythbuntu 16.04.1 with mythtv 0.28 and keeping my current recordings and database for those recordings.

Since I’ll have to do this again at some point in the future log after I’ve forgotten what I did, I documented the steps.  I keep these instructions on blogspot so I don’t even have to remember which computer I wrote them up on, just go to google and search.

I’ve included a link to the blog below, but I have the Word and PDF docs if anyone wants to share with newbies or whoever.

http://mythtvinstall.blogspot.com/2016/12/how-to-install-mythbuntu-16041.html

Thanks again for all the help.

Jim A