[mythtv-users] Have the DeckLink Mini Recorder HDMI capture cards been considered?

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Thu Dec 1 15:20:31 UTC 2016

> I'd hope the card's drivers expose a regular V4L2 interface, in which
> case integration could be quite straightforward.

Nope.  Blackmagic's approach is to have a common SDK that works on all
their supported platforms (i.e. Windows/Linux/OSX).  It's great
because I can write a single app which runs on all three platforms,
but it's bad if I want to write an app under Linux which supports
cards from multiple vendors.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs