[mythtv-users] subtitles size

Marius Schrecker marius.schrecker at lyse.net
Tue Aug 30 06:42:32 UTC 2016

I looked at the code a couple of years ago, and was thinking about
tinkering with it because I, too, wanted my custom osd_subtitle.xml
configuration to be used. As I recall, the font and attributes are hard
coded (size is a function of screen size). But I never got around to
tinkering. I have submitted some patches to improve appearance of closed
captions and srt subtitles in this ticket:
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12057
but it hasn't been reviewed in over a year. Kind of demotivating.

Regards,
Helen
_______________________________________________I can see how that would be demotivating.  Personally I'm disappointed that the embedded matroska subtitle rendering settings have been moved out of osd_subtitle.xml (where they seemed to work fine) and into hard coded values. I'd love to see a return of unified handling of all text-based subs.  Keep upå the good work!
 Maybe I can trick the screen size.

 BR.

--Marius--