[mythtv-users] MythUtil interest?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 22:50:42 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 4:34 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> Awesome. I needed this some years ago when I wrote a perl module to sync
> un-encrypted channels with an HDHR Prime. It got obsoleted by full network
> encryption. However the devs pestered me to use the API instead of direct
> database manipulation. I had no idea at the time how to tackle the API. This
> would have helped.

Oh, btw, if this was indeed the scte65scan days, the services API
is currently missing the ability to add a new dtv_multiplex (either
directly, or likely more correctly, indirectly) when adding a
completely new channel on a new frequency.  I struggled with
some alternatives around that limitation for another script I was
toying with, but decided to defer that thinking for when I have
more time to actually work it (the "copious free time" problem)
with an actual use case.  No script before its time.